- Symbiosis Skills and Professional University
Institution Innovation Council (IIC) an Initiative of MHRD for selected Higher Education Institutes
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are in formative years.IC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.We proudly introduce Symbiosis Skills and Professional University’s Institution Innovation Council.
- Major Focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
- Start-up/entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARIIA)
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas
- Functions of Institution’s Innovation Council
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc., with the involvement of industry.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Benefits to Institute, Faculty and Students
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies
- Visit new places and learn a new culture
- IIC has following main areas under its umbrella
- ARIIA Ranking
- Smart India Hackathon
- IPR Cell
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cell